Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Day 2010

First day of 2010!  Grace's sister, Ruth, and her family are in from the Chicago area, renting a house near Pinckney for a few days.  Grace cooked up a big ol' Korean feast for everyone today.  Somehow I even managed to keep from stuffing myself to that terrible, uncomfortable point.  That in itself makes for a good start to 2010.

As I suggested yesterday, I think my New Year's resolution will be to ride the first day of every month.  Not much of a resolution, you say, I am likely to be out on a bike anyway.  True.  But I have never been much one for New Year's resolutions anyway, so no point in setting the bar to high!  And, this is likely likely to be one that I can keep.  Go me!


So I am 1/12 of the way to completing The Resolution.  And a fine day it was to be out.  There was a bit of snow falling early in the ride, and the sun peaked out later on.  The city treated me well again and I checked out some other lesser known and ridden trails.




I found another old European being reclaimed, though not as quickly as yesterday's Saab.  This time it is a BMW 320i, between 1975-83.  It still had a license plate, but there was so much rust along the bottom I would be a little nervous about driving it.

Next weekend is final part of my board exams, so I will probably be tucked away cramming until then.  I get a quick trip to Dallas, Texas, to strut my stuff in front of a board of examiners on January 9.  Fun will be had be all...eek!



No comments:

Post a Comment