Friday, January 29, 2010

Canoe Progress

A quick update on the canoe progress, since there has not been much else to update on lately.
A couple weeks ago I got the fore and aft decks attached.  With them in place, the bow and stern are enclosed to create buoyancy chambers.  The copper tube through the bow makes an eyelet for tying off; there is also one in the stern.

Last weekend I glued the keel in place, and "clamped" it in place while the glue was drying with whatever I had laying around the garage.  A couple gallons of paint, a couple 4" cinder blocks, the tops off my jack stands...and even one real, live clamp!  All my careful clamping paid off, as the keel came out nice and straight.

And that should be the last piece of the canoe!  The only thing left is to polyurethane the whole thing, which will be a project in itself.

Stay tuned; tomorrow Grace and I are heading to Ray's Indoor Mountain Bike Park!  Another one day, micro vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment