Monday, April 12, 2010

Canoe!

Well, time is flying, and now that spring is springing I find myself with much less time for blogging.  I suppose that is good...I am outside playing instead of sitting inside poking at the keyboard.

On March 31, Grace and I took the canoe out for its maiden voyage.  My old Yakima rack has been put back into use again atop the truck cap for transporting canoes, kayaks, and whatever else is too long to fit inside.

Since both Grace and I were in the canoe, it was a little tricky to get a picture of it on the water.  So you will have to settle for a bit of the bow and a nice sunset on Gallup pond.

I took it out for a little solo paddle.  The center seat I made worked fine, but my J-stroke needs a little refinement.  Occasionally I could get the canoe to go straight, but more often I was trying to go in circles.  Practice, practice...


Untitled from Ed Brewer on Vimeo.



Untitled from Ed Brewer on Vimeo.

Next up for the canoe is to make a couple paddles, but that is down the list of projects a ways.  In the mean time, I will thank Vince for loaning us a couple paddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment