Sunday, November 8, 2009

November 8 = 65 degrees!?

So today is November 8, 2009.  November is usually a time to start bundling up, thinking about cooking a whole turkey in the oven, and maybe even start your Christmas list.  Yesterday and today reached a high of about 65 degrees and there was scarcely a cloud in the sky.  Not too shabby for November!

I washed the Miata and mowed up the leaves in the yard, all while wearing a short sleeve tee-shirt (yes, I also wore pants).   And a day like today would not be complete without a little time on the bike.

My wife, Grace, and I called up our friends Nate and Jen and took a mountain bike ride out at the Potawatomi trail (aka Poto, Potto).  I don't think I have ever seen so many other trail users out there, at any time of year.  The loops closer to the main parking lot were busy enough that we did not dare "open it up" as there was sure to be a hiker just around the bend.  Once back away from the inner loops the ranks thinned out a bit but we were enjoying the scenery enough that we never did pick up the pace.  For those not familiar with the Poto, the terrain is constant steep hills, ridges, and valleys, compliments of the last glacier to roll through southeast Michigan.  Sorry, no pictures; next time I will bring my camera.  Anyone doubting whether Michigan can have decent off-road biking only needs to take a ride of the Poto to change their mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment